We are hiring a Project Manager
SC4 is looking to hire a Project Manager to oversee carpentry works on our clients’ sites which are usually within one hour's drive of Basingstoke working on own projects and as assistant to Contracts Manager, Simon Mead.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing new-build housing and other site carpentry projects within the decided-upon budget, programme and scope. They will also effectively monitor and present project updates to relevant clients and project team members.
- Ensure project runs to programme
- Assign carpentry contract tasks to subcontractors and employees
- Monitor project deliverables for quality and completeness
- Obtain Site Instructions and Daywork Sheets for variations
- Update relevant team members on the project progress
- Support project team members with tasks you assign them
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong people-management and interpersonal skills
- Strong record-keeping and attention to detail
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Experience of working as a project manager, site manager or similar preferably in new-build housing
- Able to understand and interpret drawings, specifications and bills of quantities for carpentry works
- Ability to monitor and record details of works completed.
- Good level of understanding of the NHBC or similar standards for carpentry.
- Valid CSCS card with appropriate qualification(s)
- Strong IT skills, including ability to use Email, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and other Apps.
Other relevant skills might include:
- Knowledge of timberframe installation and/or decorating works
- Crane supervisor or slinger/signaller
To Apply, follow the link to our Enquiries Form
Connect with Us
- What We’ve Found Out About Workplace Inequality. This Week Is Nothing New, But Here’s How We’re Doing Our Bit To Improve The Construction Industry For Women
- The 6 Skills Required To Make An Outstanding Commercial Carpenter
- Social Value Is Changing The Way We View Construction - Here Is What You Need To Know
- Working at Heights Safely
- SC4 named first winners of Taylor Lane Timber Frame Ltd's Subcontractor Award
- 2022 Women’s Day