Time To Talk Day 2020
Thursday 6 February is Time to Talk Day – a day when everyone is encouraged to have a conversation about mental health.
At SC4 Carpenters Ltd, we know that it benefits all of us to talk about mental health.
Time to Talk Day is run by Time to Change to help spread the word that you can talk about mental health anywhere – including at work.
Time to Change is England’s biggest programme to challenge mental health stigma and discrimination and is run by the charities Mind and Rethink Mental Illness.
Too often, mental health problems are treated as a taboo subject – something not to be talked about, especially at work.
However, mental health affects us all and we should feel able to talk about it.
The more conversations we have, the more myths we can bust and barriers we can break down – helping to end the isolation, shame and worthlessness that too many of us feel when experiencing a mental health problem.
One in four of us will experience a mental health problem and 9 in 10 say they have faced negative treatment from others as a result. By choosing to be open about mental health, we are all part of a movement that’s changing the conversation around mental health and ensuring that no one is made to feel isolated or alone for having a mental health problem.
We want everyone who works here to feel they can be open about their mental health, and ask for support if they need it.
Call the Construction Industry Helpline at:
0345 605 1956
Connect with Us
- What We’ve Found Out About Workplace Inequality. This Week Is Nothing New, But Here’s How We’re Doing Our Bit To Improve The Construction Industry For Women
- The 6 Skills Required To Make An Outstanding Commercial Carpenter
- Social Value Is Changing The Way We View Construction - Here Is What You Need To Know
- Working at Heights Safely
- SC4 named first winners of Taylor Lane Timber Frame Ltd's Subcontractor Award
- 2022 Women’s Day