The 5% Club Charter
SC4 is proud to have signed The 5% Club Charter and that we have repeatedly exceeded the promises made in this Charter for many years by having a minimum 5% of our UK workforce enrolled on formalised apprentice, sponsored student and/or graduate development schemes.
Currently, more than 5% of our workforce are apprentices studying for Apprentice Standard NVQ level 2 qualifications and we have a company policy of employing new apprentices each year.
As a company operating in the UK, we are committed to this country's growth agenda. Against this backdrop we are aware of the chronic skills shortage and youth unemployment that the UK faces and acknowledge the importance of developing our people as both a business and social imperative. We aim to play a role in transforming the fortunes of young, talented people in the UK and to ensure that the UK retains its reputation for innovation.
As a member of The 5% Club we endeavour to play our part as is fitting for our business. However, as members of The 5% Club, we are:
- Committed to helping the country's growth agenda and acknowledge the importance of developing our people as both a business and social imperative
- Playing our part in addressing youth unemployment and skills shortage
- Pledging to work toward having a minimum 5% of our UK workforce enrolled on formalised apprentice, sponsored student and/or graduate development schemes within five years
- Measuring and reporting on our progress annually against the above metric in our Corporate Social Responsibility section of our Annual Report and Accounts or equivalent document
- Committed to encouraging other businesses to participate in the campaign.
We believe that by joining The 5% Club we will play a role in Britain's long term prosperity, benefiting both society and Britain's place in the world. We are committed to achieving progress.
Connect with Us
- SC4 – Proud to Support Mental Health Awareness Week 2022
- What We’ve Found Out About Workplace Inequality. This Week Is Nothing New, But Here’s How We’re Doing Our Bit To Improve The Construction Industry For Women
- The 6 Skills Required To Make An Outstanding Commercial Carpenter
- Social Value Is Changing The Way We View Construction - Here Is What You Need To Know
- Working at Heights Safely
- SC4 named first winners of Taylor Lane Timber Frame Ltd's Subcontractor Award